3 Jerome Smith Road (former VFW site) Affordable Housing Development
Jerome Smith Road is a planned 65-unit new construction multifamily development in Provincetown. The Jerome Smith Road project will provide affordable, resilient housing and amenities tailored to the needs of residents of Provincetown. The development will be comprised of four 3-story buildings on a 1.8-acre site providing rental housing for households earning 30% of area median income (AMI), 60% AMI, “Workforce”/moderate-income households (80% AMI), and a handful of market rate units. The development provides urgently needed affordable rental housing in a location where year-round rental housing at all price ranges is under intense pressure from short-term rentals, remote workers, and seasonal owners.
The development will have 18 studio apartment units, 32 one-bedroom units, 10 two-bedroom units, and 5 three-bedroom units.
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) was awarded developer designation for the site through a Town-led RFP process and purchased the adjacent parcel, 55R Captain Bertie’s Way, which expanded the footprint of the site. Local CDC, Community Development Partnership (CDP) is serving as a local partner/consultant on this project. Additional details and background on the project can be found by clicking “Learn More” below.
The next community/abutter meeting is not yet scheduled. Please see below for a list of prior engagements.
Project Updates and Prior Engagements
TCB has held a number of recent engagements and spoken at various public meetings, listed below. You can get information on the latest project updates by clicking on the News and Updates link in the top menu.
- Presentation to the Select Board – Monday, Feb. 28
- Abutters Meeting (virtual) – Tuesday, March 1, 6pm
- Community Meeting (virtual) – Wednesday, March 2, 6pm
- Year Rounders Festival – Saturday, March 12, 10am-5pm
- Follow-up Abutters Meeting (virtual) – Wednesday, April 27, 6pm
- Community/Abutters Meeting (virtual) – Thursday, July 21, 6pm
- Presentation to Community Housing Council – July 25, 2022
- Presentation to Year Round Housing Trust – July 26, 2022
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Hearing #1 – September 15, 2022
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Hearing #2 (final) – September 29, 2022
- Special presentation to Select Board – January 17, 2023